Sunday 8 October 2017

"Where You Are Planted" - acetate box with three acetate cards

Servus!

I am feeling truly blessed at the moment because my creativity seems to be at maximum level. Autumn always is "my" time. The autumnal Vienna Woods are a well of inspiration that never dries out. Nature standing on the brink of decay, bursting with last intense colours and textures...it is the visual intensity of that time of year that I love most and that I hope to one day be able to capture in my work accordingly.

At the moment I feel I am still practicing on it...but I am getting closer ;)

I also love to turn trash into treasure and I can never throw away packaging materials like corrugated card, acetate or little boxes and all that stuff others regard as being trash. I have a whole box filled with the acetate packages the Sizzix dies come in, as I love their sturdiness. This time I have created a little acetate box with three acetate journal cards. I hope you'll like it!





This is how the box looks when being closed and with the cards inside. 
It is tied up with a black leather cord. 





The beautiful images on the acetate journal cards are stamped to the backsides of the front acetate sheets and are Indigo Blu and Penny Black designs.











The cards' backsides were decorated with acrylic paints and quotes stickers and then covered with another acetate sheet.





This image shows the front acetate layer with white Gesso painted to its back. 



The three layers (acetate, black cardstock, acetate) are held together by eyelets. 


The acetate box is decorated with a quote as well. 




 Some pictures of the finished project:






















Thanks for stopping by!
Claudia 
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Love this project Claudia.
    Inspiring.
    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wunderbar Deine Wiederverwertungskunst Claudia! Spitze sehen die aus! Ein bemerkenswert geniales Design!Und schön, dass DU in einem Flow bist! Weiter so!!!
    Ich heb auch immer viel auf, aber um kein Messi zu sein miste ich alle paar Monate brav wieder aus.... viel zu viel aufgehoben immer!
    Aber auch ein schönes Hobby--Aufheben- Ausmisten!
    Ganz liebe Grüße von
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea and another amazing project, Claudia! Love it...hugs xxx Simona

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, and brilliantly executed! I've got some of those sizzix plastic covers lying about as well, just in case.... ;) I really like how you use 'trash' - why spend loads of money when you can get cardboard etc for free?? Makes things much more interesting! And goodness knows there's enough stuff to spend your hard-earned dough on...... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eine clevere Idee mit so wunderschönen alten Baumstempeln gemacht, sehr inspirierend! LG kerstin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx