Monday 25 July 2016

Did you know that cute little piglets...

... serve as one of the most popular lucky charms in Austria and Germany? (not sure if they also number among them in other countries...)

Well, this piglet does not only bring luck and happiness...it also looks quite happy itself (as it obviously will not end up as a roasted suckling...which is another way for piglets to "appear" in birthday festivities in Austria's countryside...honestly I prefer the non-roasted, squeeking and grunting version ;).




To see the whole project and read the (short and simple) how-to, hop over to the Calico Craft Parts Blog (by clicking HERE). I would love to see you over there!

Hugs, happy summer holidays and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx




1 comment:

  1. Hi Claudia! I know it has been awhile since my last visit. I'm so very sorry I've missed all the great artwork over the last several months. Popped over to see the piglet! Adorable :) Hugs to you my friend. Hope all is going well. Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx