Sunday 15 June 2014

SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges - Mid Month Inspiration

Servus, dear Steampunk friends!



As some of you may already have spotted, we have some slight alterations with inspirational posts on the Steampunk challenge blog over at SanDee&amelie's. As our former "ambitious-two-steampunk-girlies team" has grown (because I was so lucky to have some of my favourite steampunk creators join my team), we decided to present our projects for your inspiration with two separate posts - one at the start of the challenge on the 1st of the month - and the other at mid-month, on the 15th.

So today you will find some more and brand new inspiration PLUS our last new member being introduced (AND all detail there is to know) for our actual challenge

"Shades of Grey, Blue and Rust"

if you hop over to our challenge blog.


And this is what I came up with to get you started:



This month we want you to exclusively use all shades of grey, blue and rust you can come up with (and decide to use) to create something steampunk for our challenge! Black lines from stamped images or quotes are allowed of course.

As usual we have a prize to give away too - donated by one of our generous sponsors! And it is once again Tusia from 7 Dots Studio! Yay! Check out the prize package she offers to send to one randomly drawn player from this month's challenge!

http://www.retailstore.7dotsstudio.com/


I was so lucky to lay my hands on one of the fab Sizzix Alterations arch dies with a sale lately - so I had to use it as soon as it arrived with the mail! The shrine-like shape is so very inspiring, isn't it?

I used some Distress crackle, idea-ology, Distress paints and DecoArt Americana acrylic paints alongside the fab large wooden gear from the fab Ditzie Designs range (which I really really LOVE as it is so heavenly bulky - which makes it look very "real" metal and heavy).




The small panel I glued the gears onto is a scrap of one of the Tim Holtz "Laboratoire" stash sheets. The "steampunk" word is an Artistic Outpost stamp.


The metal foil lace ribbon was a gift from a wonderful swap with the lovely and awesomely talented Candy Colwell (thank you once again, Candy! x).


Even though my mojo is suffering a bit at the moment - due to some health issues that cause trembling hands (which makes stamping and crafting rather tricky and tedious) - I really enjoyed creating this small steampunk assemblage panel! I hope you like it too and that you will join in our challenge soon! Can't wait to see your interpretation of our challenge theme!

Hugs and happy crafting!

Claudia xx

16 comments:

  1. superschön Claudia ! Schwärm!
    lg nach Wien von
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia, WOW - the effects on this great piece look amazing.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project, love the texture and vintage colour.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. wunderschöner künstlerischer Hintergrund und zusammen mit den krakelierten Zahnrädern perfekt!!
    LG Kerstin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beyond wonderful Claudia,so yummy and grungy,love that big gear!
    Sorry to hear about your health issues,wishing you all the best to get better very soon.

    Hugs
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loves this so much! You are so fabulous with paint. I love how every thing works so well together too. Love it, love it, love it! Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work with the colour scheme - and the crackle and rusty look on those gears is just tremendous. Brilliant paint effects as always, and a really special creation.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work! I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Claudia, I love both the simplicity and yet the subtle compexity of this piece! Great colours too, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crackle cog looks superb on that fabulously altered panel. Love it to bits Claudia. Hope you are feeling much better very soon. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am delighted, this is great :)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the amazing background paint work on the arch. so many colours blending beautifully. nice crackle too. i love crackle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work Claudia, I love so much this unusual color palette ! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Das sieht fantastisch aus, liebe Claudia! Ganz nach meinem Gusto :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hang in there Claudia. I understand. Exhaustion and illness hammer one's creative energies until they lie in ruins on the ground. Still ... you are able to create such amazing things with shaky hands. Love the inauguration you gave this new Sizzix die :)

    There will be better days. Drop me an email sometime soon. If I don't hear from you, I'll send you one :) Hugs -- ME

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found a bunch of truly fascinating projects here, Claudia!!!…as you already know, I am your fan and I just wish to be here more often and leave the comment on every post I admire! Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx