Sunday 9 March 2014

Tick Tock - It's Tea Time!

I had some play time at my crafting desk today and came up with a tag for both Simon Says Challenges - Tick Tock and Tag It!



As my heat tool broke down today it was "back to the roots"...but I honestly enjoyed the simplicity of this make - focussing on the colours mainly - and I also enjoyed drawing and colouring the tea cup, the sugar cubes, spoon and quote.


I used some die cut sizzix parts on my make such as the alarm clock and the paper lace border at the bottom (which was a gift that came with a swap! Thank you, Alison!). The tag itself was die cut from Kraft Core and dry embossed with a cogs and gears folder and then blended with DI "gathered twigs".


The bookplate was a left over die cut too and I fixed it to the tag using two tiny brads.


The tea cup, spoon and sugar cubes were hand drawn and coloured using Distress markers. Then I cut them out and fixed them with sticky foam pads. The alarm clock received some scribbling with a white gel pen to add some texture.


I used the "handle" of the alarm clock to fix the ribbon to instead of using the tag's hole. Done!


I hope you like it (as it rather differs from my "usual" makes)! Thanks for stopping by!



Hugs,
Claudia x

12 comments:

  1. Different is good, in this case anyway. Love it
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sweet! Love tea time with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag, I love the warm tones and the clock is stunning. Wonderful,way to interpret our challenge. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a little different for you but it is beautiful Claudia! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its good to try something different, this is a fantastic tag and a super design.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous tag and how lovely you have drawn those great images, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ja, liebe Claudia, dieses tag unterscheidet sich wahrlich von deinen anderen arbeiten. aber ich bin der
    Meinung, dass auch beim kreativsein unerschiede oder kurze Veränderungen sein müssen.
    wunderbar ist dein tag geworden - es ist viel "vereint" drauf.
    alles liebe
    margit

    ReplyDelete
  8. die 3 D Optik ist toll .. ein sehr gelungenes Stück ist das wieder mal!

    Sei lieb gegrüßt von Sus( Frühjahrsputzgestresst und müde)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is really an incredible tag! I love how you added color to the cup! It looks fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful yag Claudia! love the cup of tea! Absolutely beautiful! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute Claudia...I love dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claudia ... this is so cute! Really ... you are incredibly talented. I love the juxtaposition of the colors that you used in the different layers of this dimensional piece. Great coloring of your sketches:) It looks like you had a fun day creating in you studio. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx