Thursday 20 March 2014

Quick Spring Tag Share

Just a quick share of a tag today that had been lying on my desk for several weeks...simply because I loved the background I had created but didn't find anything worth covering some of it up ;)


So there it lay....having been done with a stencil and the Sprayza tool I borrowed from my son, some washi tape and scraps torn from old book pages.

But then I remembered a lovely stamp set I bought at a sale some months ago...and after I had stamped it to plain white card and cut it out I found it the perfect match!


I like the sketchy feel to the images and text as well! So I combined it with some die cut flourishes and a bit of lace ribbon.



The lace and flourish were stapled to the background and then covered up with a strip of book page scrap and the stamped and fuzzy cut dandelion image.


I first wanted to add three tiny pennants to the right side of my tag and had already randomly cut the pieces from a scrap of a book page....but then I decided to just go for one tiny pennant...and after I had glued it in place I only then realized that it said "pennant" (in German "Wimpel") on top...as if I had chosen this scrap especially for that one reason...lol...happy accident at its best!


Instead of a ribbon I added another die cut flourish to hang the tag.


The text was fixed to the tag using sticky foam pads to add more depth and make it pop a little.



Hope you like my spring tag! I have already seen the first dandelion in bloom (just behind our block)! Not long now until we will be able to make a wish (or two...).



Hugs and happy crafting,
Claudia x


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag. Love your design. Thanks for your explanation.
    Anneke. www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mir gefällt Dein Tag sehr gut. Zumal ich ja ein bekennender Grünfan bin.

    Ich wünsche Dir ein schönes Wochenende

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning tag Claudia, that background is fabulous - no wonder you didn't want to cover it, but you found the perfect image.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wunderbar passend zum heutigen traumhaften Frühlingsanfang in mancherlei Hinsicht ;-)
    LG Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant background all it needed was the simplicity of that flower.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background looks fantastic, the images you added compliment it so well. A stunning tag.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous!!! So fresh! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag Claudia!! Wow, that background did look amazing, but you are right, that stamp just finished it off to perfection, specially the way you used it here, - beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is just so beautiful. I understand why you didn't want to cover it up too much, and as far as I am concerned I like the first version more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Die erste Version ist auch ok, aber die 2. Version ist perfekt und wunderschön romantisch anzuschaun. Aber das ist auch Alles Geschmacksache. Auch deine Werke darunter und darüber sind wieder so klasse gemacht.
    Hab ein schönes Wochenende.
    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tag is a beautiful background in its own right but I just love how you have layered that gorgeous botanical image over the top xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so in love with the background!! Great colours & it gives the feeling of freshness & makes me feel alive after a deep sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hach, ich war wohl länger nicht mehr bei Dir auf dem Blog, es gibt so wunderschöne Sachen zu entdecken, einfach herrlich.
    Übrigens, auch Deine Werke im aktuellen und im letzten Craft Stamper, fand ich richtig klasse.
    Hoffe ich irre mich da jetzt nicht beim Namen ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx