Friday 7 March 2014

Nature Love - Craft Stamper's Take It Make It Challenge - March

Hello and servus to all my readers and followers old and especially anew!



 
Time to invite you over to Craft Stamper's Take It Make It Challenge  - hosted by the lovely Trish Latimer - where this month's theme is

Stamping With Acrylic Blocs.


This means that you are to use them like you would use the Gelli Plate or any other surface you can apply colour to and then peel off a printed paper. 

***

I played around for a while using various kinds of colours and found the results I got with using Distress stains the most inspiring for my creation. Of course the results with acrylic colours and a brayer will give more intense and controllable texture and structures, but I sometimes like to play with more "accidental techniques".

All I did was dab on various Distress stains  to a rather small acrylic blog,  place a piece of manila card over it, gently press it on and lift it up rather quickly. 
I also did some printing with quickly turning around the acrylic bloc and pressing it onto the laid out card...but then you have to be careful to avoid the colour dripping and running to one edge. But with little drops of Distress stains this worked very well. 

You can see the smudges this technique produced on this panel which I used as a center piece on my project:



I used Distress paints "brushed corduroy", "tea dye" and "tattered rose" for the background and "Rich cocoa" Memento archival ink to stamp the images. The lovely images are part of the wonderful "Nature Walk" stamp set from 7Dots Studio


And this is how my finished mixed media project looks like:

I gave the paper a lot of distress honestly, applying various Distress paints and smudges of white acrylic paint, torn washi tape and texture stamps from the same stamp set. 





The background paper I used had a somewhat pastel orange colour which I didn't like too much...so I added Distress stains "Vintage photo", "Tea dye" and "Brushed corduroy" to tone it down. The white acrylic paint smudges were of great help with blending in all the various parts and layers. 




I know this isn't a colour scheme you have already seen used by me but we all have to move on and set foot on yet unknown terrain, haven't we? 


I especially love the text panel I covered with washi tape and glued on a stamped and cut out "LOVE" quote. I had a great time at my desk smudging, tearing, stamping, printing and glueing. I hope to see you at the Take It Make It March challenge soon and can't wait what and how you will use the acrylic blocs to print with! 



Have fun!
Claudia x


16 comments:

  1. Your piece looks positively ancient Claudia, in a good way! Love this. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous nature-inspired piece. Love the colors and the entire look of the project. Your experimenting produced such a perfect backdrop for your stamped images. Love all the layers!! This technique looks like so much fun! It truly is a perfect technique for using up paper that we aren't really fond of for some reason :) I plan to play around with this in my craft room today. and see what combinations I can come up with. Claudia ... you are always and inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us. Again ... absolutely beautiful make! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ein hammerstarkes Teil ist das ... das ist super schön.. die Bäumchen sind total schön...
    Du hast mal wieder mit Deinen Materialien excellent gespielt ----
    das ist eben was es ausmacht.. das Spielen und ausprobieren ...nur so können neue Ideen und
    Techniken erforscht und entdeckt werden!

    herrlich!
    Ein frohes Wochenende liebe Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! The mushrooms are extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claudia
    It really is a wonderful expression you've given this project and exciting to use a acrylic block, it's new to me. And as usual, really good colors. It is always a pleasure to see your blog, and you give me much inspiration.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claudia, The contrast from the the front piece to the background is stunning. Great colours and looks so much fun!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Claudia, love your piece! Such a great technique and your finished result looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous Nature project. Love the background and the colours you used for the piece.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the effects you have achieved Claudia and a wonderful finished outcome xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claudia I adore your project, so very full of texture that you want to just reach out and touch it...love it!
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful mixed media piece Claudia! Great distress look and I love layers and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful nature inspired project! Love the use of paints! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love this. There is so much texture from the distressing, and all the details come together beautifully. I wanted to pop over and thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. Hope you are having a great weekend. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Das ist wieder ein Kunstwerk, liebe Claudia, ich liebe diese Texturen, die verschiedenen Schichten... Trotzdem ist nichts überladen... Du bist sehr mutig darin, in den Farbtopf zu greifen - und auch darin zeigt sich Harmonie. Da muss ich noch ein bißchen üben... Vielen Dank für Deinen lieben Kommentar zu meinen Hasen. Sieht so aus, als würde ich zur Zeit zu nichts anderem kommen, die Viecher ziehen mich an...
    Liebe Grüße
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Claudia, great colours and I really like the effect from using the Distress Stains. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is magical... I love it.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx