Saturday 1 March 2014

Let's Get Scrappy !

UPDATE (March 4th): due to some unforseen problems that have to be cleared the OCC is shutting down for the month of March. Sorry to all players, who already have worked on a project to enter the challenge. The events that caused this time out were unpredictable...but that's how life usually just "happens", isn't it? 

I hope you enjoy getting inspired by the DT makes anyway and also have enjoyed coming here for some information and/or inspiration. 

See you at OCC soon.
Claudia x


Hello and welcome to another edition of Our Creative Corner's challenges!
This month Linda, the Funkie Junkie, is your host and she wants us all to

Get Scrappy!


"Use your scraps and left overs from previous projects, pieces of paper, scraps of ribbon, embellishments made and never used.  If you are like me and can't bear to discard all those yummy scraps, you'll have a variety of possibilities to use for this project.  Let's put some of them to use!"...

...Linda says and that's exactly what I did on this birthday card. Yes, you read that right - I made a birthday card.... being no card maker at all I was suprised how much I love the outcome of this one (and that is has not a single fingerprint on it too. Yay!).



I am sure some of you can remember the project, where my scraps originate from. I really hardly ever throw away scraps... don't ask me why. I guess it has something to do with my love for paper in general...and for the traces left on it.

So I had this pile of lovely torn and cut off scraps and paper strips and I also remembered how much I loved the colour design when I originally painted the paper... so I decided to use it again.


After playing around with some of the coloured strips and the torn book page piece, everything found its place and I glued all my elements to the white card.

I added some stamping as I had done on the other project - the lovely feather stamp from Red Lead seems to have become one of my favourites (as has the numbers stamp from Kaisercraft).


The label stamp and die were a gift from dear SanDee1899 and I really love it as it gives sentiments a wonderful frame and makes them focal points on every make ! Thank you so much, Sandra! xoxo!


It's a clean and simple design, but when you already have a lot of texture on the elements you use, you are better off with working with a more static design. So I focussed on verticals and horizontals only, which makes the traces of the acrylic colours and the shape of the stamped feather image more prominent.



This month our sponsor at Our Creative Corner is Tando Creative


and you can win their prize (or become our winner, Top Talent Spotlight or one of our Top3) by joining in our challenge and entering a make that follows the challenge theme and general challenge rules properly! Can't wait to see how you use your scraps!


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
Claudia x

16 comments:

  1. Great scraps!! Love what you did with them and the feather just the most perfect touch.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so satisfying using up leftovers and I love how you have used yours. The vertical and horizontal design looks great and the feather adds a brilliant focal point. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool, feather looks awesome.EE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly gorgeous Claudia. Simple, maybe, well designed and beautifully coloured, definitely. I love it to bits. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed doing Linda's challenge this month and your card is absolutely beautiful. I just love the feather, the numbers and those gorgeous strips of paper - brilliant! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This a fantastic way to use up those scraps! Love the end result, it looks great with all those various brown tones and very you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Das ist eine echt tolle Karte - gefällt mir sehr!
    Liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really do love the modern look of your card Claudia. I think leaving some blank areas was the perfect backdrop for those beautiful scraps. You are very clever! Hugs, Juliaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great scrappy card - the strips are so dynamic and full of energy, and I just love that feather.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, made with bits and bobs.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you know what is going on with the Our Creative Corner blog? I can't access it. Very strange.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx