Wednesday 19 March 2014

Country View Challenges - Paper Chase!

Great news today!

I was invited to create and share a project for this month's theme over at Country View Challenges due to one of my mixed media paintings being selected as their special mention back in January. This means that today I can share with you not only the fact that Country View Challenges celebrate their first anniversary this month but also a little matchbook I created for this month's challenge theme

Paper Chase!

I recently bought some Sizzix dies at a real bargain and was happy that the matchbook die was one of them as I had already seen it used on other blogs but found it too expensive back then.




This matchbook is meant to be used as a tiny notebook to write special dates - for example birthdays - into. So the inside may look a bit "unfinished" to you...but I wanted to leave enough space for notes to be written into it. 

I die cut the larger matchbook from white card and cut to size a strip that was folded and to be used as the spine to glue the pages to. 




I die cut four tags using the "Tag and Tie" die and blended these and the matchbook cover and spine with DI "pumice stone". 


Next I stamped some chicken wire in various places using jet black archival ink. I also glued on some torn pieces from old book pages. I also flicked some water onto the tags and let them dry to create some stains.  This was done on both sides of each tag. 


On the back cover I used a stamped portrait which I fixed to a piece of rough fabric using four brads.  All was glued in place using matte DecoArt Decou-page glue and sealant. Before that I had stamped on some chicken wire and glued on some torn scraps from book pages as I did with the tags.


The front cover of my matchbook received a similar treatment: stamped portrait, stamped on chicken wire and torn pieces from old book pages.


I added some die cut tags and labels to the four tags to create some "spots" for important notes, so they would be visible at once.


I used a small hinge clip  to keep the booklet closed. 


This time I wanted to let almost plain paper, paper scraps and natural paper tones play the main role as the theme over at Country View Challenges says Paper Chase! 
I feel truly honoured by being chosen and invited to do a Guest Designer's post - especially for this extra special month when we all celebrate the first anniversary of Country View Challenges! 




 Hugs and happy crafting,
Claudia x
 





15 comments:

  1. spitzenmäßig, liebe Claudia! eine hervorragend-originelle Idee!
    sehen wir uns auf der messe...??
    glg
    margit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Claudia it's such a good present idea. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Claudia, I have this die and have only used mine once but you have inspired me to get it out again, thanks
    Love Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great make Claudia..gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Claudia this is awesome! LOVE IT! Adding it to my list of things I want to make. It's growing. It's a great die! I got mine last year for about $7. Love all your layers, truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project Claudia, love all the details inside.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this beauty at CVC and it is totally awesome! Love the design of this little tag notebook! I will have to give this a try, even though I don't have the matchbook die! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Schön, schön, schön, Claudia, schön alt und shabby und schön monochrom und schön praktisch... Gefällt mir mal wieder!
    Grüße, Manu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ein wunderschönes Projekt Claudia und in dieser leicht schäbig schönen Farbgestaltung macht sich das einfach traumhaft! Sei lieb gegrüßt von
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! How ingenious to make it a little book. The stamping and layers are beautiful. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your matchbook is beautiful Claudia, with some lovely details. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Claudia!! That die looks amazing, love the binding you have used and all the tags look great!! Love those neutral colour tones!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous project for paper Chase Claudia. I love the tags inside the matchbook, thanks for sharing it with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Claudia! A really great use of that die, love the tags x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely - delicate, vintage - completely delicious use of the book pages and such subtle stamping. So sorry I'm so behind...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx