Tuesday 15 October 2013

Our Creative Corner - Mid Month Reminder

Servus, dear followers and readers old and anew!

Time to remind you of the fab challenge we have over at Our Creative Corner this month:

It's Halloween - Let's Tag It On!

Julia is hosting this month's challenge and as she is a real expert on textures she wants all of us (and you ;) to incorporate surface texture with our tags. 



I played around with a lot of my favourites: Tim Holtz Sizzix dies, Kraft Glasseine (love the colour and the surface of it), Kraft Core and embossing folders. 

The background texture was made using the "grunge stripes" embossing folder I recently bought at a sale for less than three Euro! Love the stripes it creates.

I even blended the stripes with DI "walnut stain" to make them a bit more visible.

For the tree's "bark texture" I glued crumpled sandwich paper to the heavy card and die cut the branch tree afterwards.

The crinkles were blended with DI "gathered twigs" afterwards. 

Then followed a lot of die cutting, layering and trying various combinations. 

After I was content with what I had I glued the elements to the background. Done!

I hope my bark tree texture gets you going on creating your own textured Halloween tag for Our Creative Corner's october challenge!

Take a look at the fab inspirational projects my team mates have prepared for you! Don't forget to check both teams' projects - they are really worth looking at! 








Hope to see you joining us soon!





Maybe you also want to have a look at my two recent projects with detailed tutorials,  where texture is the main focus too.

Scroll down for witch Myrtle's shelf - the perfect project for Halloween and a steampunk storage made of an altered wooden box - both come with a lot of yummy crackle and texture. ;) 


Maybe you also find some inspiration there for your textured Halloween tags for our challenge... ;)






Hugs and happy crafting,


Claudia xx


10 comments:

  1. Wow Claudia, stunning!!! I specially adore the way you have done that tree, inspired and it looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is so striking Claudia, I love the background you created with the embossing folder and that tree looks so realistic with the amazing texture you created. Love all the die cuts too, especially the little owl in the tree - very spooky - love it! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Claudia. I particularly love the textured tree. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super geworden!!!!
    Liebe Grüße
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, das ist ein erstklassiges Halloween-TAG!
    Der Baum gefällt mir mit der runzeligen Oberfläche besonders gut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic tag, Claudia! I love the grungy stripes in the background (what a great bargain!), and the texture of the tree bark is brilliant. I've been tempted by those little figures for a long time... you're not helping my willpower!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Claudia! I just love that folder you've used for the texture on your tag - it works so well with the rest of the elements on your tag. The 'tree' is amazing - I need to make a note of that technique for the future because it's so successful. I love how you've used all the die cuts so cleverly too. Thanks so much for making a tag which fits my challenge so perfectly at OCC!
    Big hugs,
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolut klasse Tag - ja der Baum ist mir auch gleich ins Auge gesprungen !

    ReplyDelete
  9. hammergeil!!! das ist ja eine tolle birkenstruktur! überhaupt ist das ganze tag super geworden. die kindergruppe ist auch eine tolle stanze (von welchem hersteller?). gefällt mir sehr!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx