Tuesday 29 January 2013

"Get ready to celebrate Valentines Day!"

And again it's time for a new challenge over at Try it on Tuesday, folks!
(and as it is Tuesday, this means there's also a new challenge over at FwATCs - scroll down to find out more about that). 

We want you to get ready for Valentines Day, which means we ask you to use at least one heart in your project! (Easy peasy, huh?)
Once more you get the chance to become one of the participants in the monthly prize-draw where you can win a £10 store voucher for some smooth online-shopping over at Crafty-emblies.



So here comes my take on this fortnight's Valentine theme:


It was one of those projects that take over control at a certain stage... the card was originally intended to be much more "lovely", but I somehow ended up with a rather grungy bit (as usual) ... and I have absolutely no clue where I lost track... *lol

Hope you like it anyway. As you can see, I had to try out one of my new Darice embossing folders and the sanding gadget (love sanding at the moment!)

The letters are cut from Kraft-core using the Tim Holtz "Alphabetical" die and treated with some Metallic Rub-Ons. The heart to the right was stamped (using one of my awesome RedLead stamps) and heat embossed with black embossing powder.














The heart to the left received a coat of Distress crackle paint, which I distressed with "black soot" DI after drying (to make the cracks more visible). For a finish I sprinkled some white and black inks onto the collaged card. Wallaah!






Hope to see you (showing some fab new projects) joining us at TioT's challenge!
And maybe you want to scroll down to the previous post to see what FunWithATCs' challenge is about this fortnight... 

Servus,

die amelie xx

10 comments:

  1. ein Traum.. ich bin ganz verliebt in den Farbton und diese krakelierten Herzen, die einerseits Zuckerguss suggerieren...andererseits Noblesse aus verganegnen Tagen.. auf dieser
    spezial schönen Vintage-Valentins-Kreation!
    oh ja ich bin begeistert !!!

    Allererstse Sahne liebe Clauda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a triumph of a card Claudia! Love the grungy direction you took with this. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your grunge - wouldn't quite be you without it!! This is magnificent - the textures and ideas and distressing - all fabulous! That crackly heart and beautiful sanded background are my highlights!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your card and the distressed look it has to it. Just beautiful. The many layers of rosey pink, the lace, the composition -- all just gorgeous. Thank you for your kind words on my blog, and I look forward to visiting you a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your distressed and grungy card, can see the fun you had making it when looking at all the fabulous details.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally I love a project that takes over it's creative control...to me it means they have a life of their own.I especially love your crackled heart, your card is gorgeous! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - grunge at its very best Claudia. (I really agree with the sentiment in your central image - that would be perfect!) Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that grungy look...gorgeous details!!!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely collage piece. Everything works beautifully together to produce an amazing result Claudia! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claudia, Love the look of this, perfect with the CI image. Great texture with the embossing.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx